Sunday, June 15, 2008

I Love My Emails Part 9

My step daughter sent me this one because she cares about you. Any time she finds info related to the general health and well being, she's up front and running to get those emils out to all her net friends. I will go and sign this petition as soon as I finish up here. I hope you do the same.

Please, for the women you know affected by this and for those who you don't know, take a moment, read the message, then click the link at the end and add your name.


Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2008 5:57 PM
Subject: Breast Cancer Patient Protection Act Petition


>
> From a nurse:
> I'll never forget the look in my patients' eyes when
> I had to tell them they
> had to go home with the drains, new exercises and no
> breast. I remember
> begging the Doctors to keep these women in the
> hospital longer, only to hear
> that they would, but their hands were tied by the
> insurance companies. So
> there I sat with my patients, giving them the
> instructions they needed to
> take care of themselves, knowing full well they
> didn't grasp half of what I
> was saying, because the glazed, hopeless, frightened
> look spoke louder than
> the quiet 'Thank You' they muttered. A mastectomy is
> when a woman's breast
> is removed in order to remove cancerous breast
> cells/tissue. If you know
> anyone who has had a Mastectomy, you may know that
> there is a lot of
> discomfort and pain afterwards. Insurance companies
> are trying to make
> mastectomies an outpatient procedure. Let's give w
> omen the chance to
> recover properly in the hospital for 2 days after
> surgery.
>
> It takes 2 seconds to do this and is very important.
> Please take the time
> and do it! Please send this to everyone in your
> address book. If there was
> ever a time when our voices and choices should be
> heard, this is one of
> those times.
>
If you're receiving this, it's because I think you
will take the 30 seconds
to vote on this issue and send it on to others you
know who will do the same
There's a bill called the Breast Cancer Patient
Protection Act which will
require insurance companies to cover a minimum
48-hour hospital stay for
patients undergoing a mastectomy. It's about
eliminating the 'drive-through'
Mastectomy where women are forced to go home just a
few hours after surgery,
against the wishes of their doctor, still groggy
from anesthesia and
sometimes with drainage tubes still attached.

Lifetime Television has put this bill on their Web
page with a petition
drive to show support. Last year over half the House
signed on. PLEASE!!
Sign the petition by going to the web site below.
You need not give more
than your name, state, and zip code


http://www.lifetimetv.com/breastcancer/petition/signpetition.php

No comments: