Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Ten Inspirational Quote of Woody Allen

I just bought the private label rights to a completely full package of reading material and guess who was the number one quoted individual throughout all that text? Yeah, I know... I gave it away in the title.
I never understood Woody the way some people do. Not only that but I am definitely not into the type of humor roles he plays or, for that matter, his personality as portayed on talk shows. Even so, I can find something in common with everyone I've ever met, known or known OF at any given time in my life. There's always something about a person you can find as common ground, you know?
Obviously, he wasn't the first to say that humor is the best medicine. There are literally tons of famous, infamous and just plain average people who have quoted it down through the ages and yet, only recently, have psycologists begun to realize the importance of humor to their patients in the process of emotional healing. It never ceases to amaze me how we keep rediscovering things.
I agree with Woody on that point and a few others as well. Here's 1. "Money is better than poverty, if only for financial reasons." Alright, so it's a bit vague. I still agree with the statement.
2. "I believe there is something out there watching us. Unfortunately, it's the government." 'Nuff said. I'm not interested in Woody's psychy, okay? Please don't leave questions in my comment box pertaining to his paranoia even if you think it's a problem for him. I'm not sure I agree with him totally on this one but even if I did, you're not interested in my psychy either. 3. "There are worse things in life than death. Have you ever spent an evening with an insurance salesman?" Ah, yes, it IS classic ! Think about it. 4. "Love is the answer, but while you're waiting for the answer, sex raises some pretty interesting questions." Yeah? Like possibly, when was the last time the potential partner had a blood test or who was responsible for bringing the party hats? 5. "A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me, she said 'no'." It sounds, 'practical', I think. That one is more to my agreement than the previous quote. 6. "Basically my wife was immature. I'd be at home in the bath and she'd come in and sink my boats." This is a totally dimensional way of thinking. Just because you are chronilogically 40 or 50 or 60 something doesn't mean you must behave in a certain manner. After that you may want to give it a try for some rather practicle health and safety reasons though. I know someone who is very mature and still jumps in puddles now and then when nobody seems to be looking. ;) 7. "I am not afraid of death, I just don't want to be there when it happens." According to the tabloid's reviews of his behavior, I don't think he has much to worry about. 8. "I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose." All I have to say to that one is "OUCH !". 9. "If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans." Someone recently asked me if I think God has a sense of humor. I'd challenge anyone to read Daniel 5 and tell me He doesn't. I rest my case. Finally we have 10. "The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have." Wow, Woody, you caught me off guard with this one. Maybe I'll check out one of your movies after all.
Just goes to show you, insight can come from the most unexpected places. The next time you find yourself in a situation or around people you don't want to be, consider it a learning experience and enjoy whatever you can get out of it. It's not a predicament, it's a challenge.

No comments: